Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
For thousands of years, it was assumed that the clitoris consisted only of the 8,000 nerve-endings on the surface of the body – the visible part. But that assumption was challenged in the first major study of the clitoris, in 2005, which concluded, in its understated and academic way: “Typical textbook descriptions of the clitoris lack detail and include inaccuracies,” and went on to outline in detail, for the first time ever, the intricate structure of the entire clitoris. The truth about the clitoris was finally known.
The fact that it wasn’t until as recently as 2005 that we began to understand this unique organ speaks volumes about our attitudes towards female pleasure, according to LELO, a pioneering brand in the field.
SONA is a sonic clitoral massager. That means it doesn’t rely on vibrations like a conventional sex toy. Instead, it uses sonic waves and pulses to stimulate the entire clitoris – not just the external part you can see and touch. When you touch it to your hand the sonic waves feel almost as though air is blowing out.
The LELO SONA does away with conventional vibrating motors in favour of world-first sonic technology. Thanks to a sonic ‘pad’ in the ‘mouth’ of SONA, it creates sonic waves that reverberate into the clitoris and are transmitted throughout its entire body, for a sensation that seems to come from deep within you – as opposed to a conventional vibrator, which applies its sensations directly and only onto the surface.
SONA features eight different and intensely pleasurable settings, so you can find the perfect sensation for you. The interface has been redesigned too, making the buttons so easy you can use them with your eyes closed. And you will.
There are 3 buttons on the SONA device. The + turns the device on and increases power while the – decreases power and turns the device off. The middle button changes the settings/modes (eight to choose from).
SONA is 100% waterproof. So if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, your chariot has arrived. It’s also makes it super easy to clean. SONA is made from a single piece of silicone, and this one-piece design keeps it watertight – even at the charging socket. Perfect for the bath, shower or hot tub.
5 MINDBLOWING CLITORAL FACTS
- Scientists continue to unlock the clitoris’ secrets, some now believing that the G-spot is part of the same anatomical structure
- 3 out of 4 women are unable to orgasm without clitoral stimulation during PiV sex, regardless of factors like penis shape or size, or duration of intercourse
- The clitoris is the only organ in nature whose sole purpose is pleasure
- The clitoris is rare and sporadic in nature, with only a handful of animals endowed with one – including hyenas and ostriches, suggesting divergent evolution
- The original sense of the word ‘clitoris’ is largely unknown, but can perhaps be traced to a very ancient Proto-Indo-European word “kleitor”, meaning to lean, with the sense of a little hill.