Summer is almost here, the kids are out of school, and we parents are starting to go stir crazy cooped up in the house. Are you in the River Region area and looking for free & affordable things to do this summer? I’ve compiled a great list of things to get you out of the house without breaking the bank. Bookmark this page so you can keep coming back to it all summer! Happy planning!
- Next time you are looking for something free to do with the kids drive over to Blue Ribbon Dairy, located in Kent. They allow visitors on the farm Monday through Saturday. Milking time begins at 4:30 a.m and they welcome you to watch as they “milk the girls.” While you are there be sure to grab a gallon of the freshest milk in the area. There is no charge to visit the farm but there is a store located on the farm where you can purchase local goodies and fresh veggies from their garden. Store hours are Monday through Friday 2-6 and Saturday 9-4.
- Chantilly 13 in Montgomery announced their Summer Kid’s Series kick off again this year. Take advantage of the Summer fun and savings with the family. Only $4.00 (plus tax) for admission! That includes a 46 oz popcorn, a 16 oz drink and your movie ticket. For all ages. For a list of shows and times visit their event page for more information.
- Grandview YMCA in Millbrook is havin an Independence Day Cookout and Fireworks Tuesday, July 3. There is a $1 admission fee at the gate but you can come enjoy food, fun and fireworks from 7:30 p.m to 9:00 p.m. This is a great event perfect for all families alike.
- Join the Capri Theater this summer for $2 seats for children’s matinees! Every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 10:00 and 1:00. For a list of shows and dates visits their website HERE.
- Thu., Jun. 21, 2018, 9:00AM – 5:30PM All military personnel and their dependent family members receive FREE admission to the Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum. Food, drinks and refreshments are also provided. There will be speakers and presentations made from representatives of Maxwell Air Force Base, the City of Montgomery and the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce. Thank you for proudly serving and protecting our nation. Please provide valid military identification for entry. Concessions provided: Lunch served and presentations between 11:30am – 1pm. More information HERE.
- Fri., Jun. 29, 2018, 6:00PM – 8:00PM Friday Family Giant Game Nights at Hampstead! LAFs monthly summer event designed to get families out to their Friday Family Game Night at Hampstead. Families will pay a general admission fee ($5 Admission/$1 Kids 3 and under) to enter and will have access to play all LAF games from 6-8pm. They will also host their BIG BUILD competitions and recognize their innovative and talented builders. More information HERE.
If you are a business in the River Region area and have an event coming up you think would be a great fit please email me at email@example.com so I can get you added in!